Established in 1925, Ligonier Country Club has challenged golfers and welcomed diners for over eighty years in the Laurel Highlands. On October 5, 1925 the application for a charter for Ligonier Country Club was recorded at the Westmoreland County Court House. The purpose of this application was to encourage outdoor sports, particularly golf. The Frable family farm was purchased and a nine hole golf course was laid out. The farmhouse was the first clubhouse. It was located across Route 711 from the #12 white tee, which, at the time, was the #1 tee. The present clubhouse was built in 1931, and the second nine holes were added in 1964.