Bethlen Communities Continuing Care Retirement Community, of Ligonier. Since 1921, our faith-based, not-for-profit organization has served the residential and human service needs of the people of Western Pennsylvania. A full range of services are available including:
- Bethlen Communities Retirement Village: Enjoy an active and independent lifestyle in one of our cottages. Our independent living cottages are for those age 65 and over, who desire independent living in a protected environment. To enjoy a worry and maintenance free lifestyle, call 724-238-2235 for more information.
- Personal Care at Ligonier Gardens: Offering a warm home-like environment that meets the social, emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual needs of our residents. We offer three meals a day plus snacks, a personal laundry area, a paid laundry service if needed, private and semi-private rooms. Short-term respite accommodations are also available for families who may have planned a vacation or are in need of a hiatus to their daily caregiving routine. Please call 724-238-6678 to see if we meet your needs. Walk-in tours are welcome!
- In-Home Companion Caregiver services: Our caregiver services are available to help adults and seniors live full and independent lives within the comfort of their own homes. Our trained, devoted and caring Companion Caregivers must provide references and have a clear criminal background. They are committed to providing friendly, life-enhancing care that is tailored to meet each person’s specific needs. Please call 724-238-2170 for more information.
- Home Health & Hospice Services: Our team of skilled, dependable and compassionate nurses, therapists, healthcare aides and pastoral support staff will help manage our patients’ care in the comfort and security of their own home. Whether you are recovering from surgery or illness or managing a chronic disease, Bethlen’s care provider team focuses on individualized quality care, compassion, and support. Bethlen’s Hospice Care team are committed to doing whatever it takes to assure the patient’s peace, comfort and dignity. For more information on home health or hospice services, please call 724-238-2613
- Bethlen Home Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation: Our individualized care is provided in a home-like atmosphere by skilled and compassionate registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants and therapists who are dedicated to helping each resident or short-term patient reach and maintain their optimal level of wellness. Residents have access to daily activities as well as country kitchen and living room areas, outdoor pathways and beautiful gardens. We offer private and semi-private pleasantly decorated and spacious rooms. For more information on Bethlen Home, please call 724-238-6711.
- The Graceful Aging Wellness Center at Bethlen Communities: At Graceful Aging Wellness Center, “We’re Changing Aging!” Join the Graceful Aging Movement and take a proactive, preventive approach to aging. Wellness is positive and affirming. It’s recognizing that you are in a powerful position to make a significant impact on your health today and in the future. Graceful Aging Wellness Center engages adults age 50 and up in programs and opportunities that increase the joy of living a happier more enriching life. Be our guest and see the facility for yourself. We offer a fitness center complete with eleven cardiovascular machines, strength training equipment and an expansive group fitness area. The Life-Long Learning Center is dedicated to brain health and the curiosity of learning and discovery. Creative Expressions is all about redefining your inspired self. Indulge in whimsical artistic exploration with guest artisans from the region. The Quiet Room encourages mediation, relaxation and reflection. This is how aging is meant to be. Join us and get excited about your life. Please call 724-238-2142.
- The Bethlen Apartments – One and two bedroom apartments located on Fairfield Street available to be rented by the public. Please call 724-238-2235 for more information.
Bethlen Communities~The Spirit For Living